- A Grade Accreditation from BAN-PT Ministry of Research, Technology and Higher Education of Indonesia
- AUN (ASEAN University Network) Accreditation
- Less than 0.5% acceptance rate. Around 18.000 applicants compete to fill 70 seats each year.
- One of the most popular undergraduate communication program in Indonesia
- The oldest communication sciences program in Indonesia
To address the global challenge to be internationally reputed program, the International Undergraduate Program in Department of Communication Science aims to create the reliable, qualified, and cultured graduates in communication studies, who can prioritize the societal needs to take on the global challenge of providing the benefit to the public through ‘Crafting Well-Informed Society’.
The students are expected to graduate with the expertise that balances between practical, research, and critical thinking skills. All students are subjected to classes that will expose them to fundamental communication theories before they undertake two areas of interest that are offered by the program.
Why Study Communications with Us?
- Digital media and social media trend
Indonesia has the biggest active media social users in Southeast Asia, with 130 million on Facebook and 50 million on Instagram (Wearesocial, 2018)
- Political communication and media phenomenon
Indonesia is the most democratic country in the Southeast Asia region, which leads to more freedom of the press and more dynamics to its political environment.
- The rise of Indonesia’s creative industries
4 out of 7 Unicorn start-ups are operating in Indonesia, which offered rich studies about contemporary digital media.
Various culture (300 ethnic groups, precisely 1,340 tribes, and over a thousand local languages).
- There are numbers of communities with various concern from broad ranges of focus of interest, such as film community, music community, art and performance community, digital start-up community.
- Numbers of start-up in creative media industry establishes in Yogyakarta such as, Hipwee, Tirto, Mojok, Gameloft Indonesia, and Brillio.
- Yogyakarta is known as centers of education city, whereas many students from around Indonesia came and study in Yogyakarta. This makes Yogyakarta as the melting pot of Indonesia, where it offers the student a better study atmosphere.
|1||Media & Communication Specialist||A person who support all internal and external communication of organizations & communities. Media & communication specialist include public relations practitioner, copywriter, content writer, etc.|
|2||Mediapreneur||A person who create, manage, or develop small scale media business enterprise for profit and socio oriented. Mediapreneurs include content creator, journalist, film maker, etc.|
The objective is to produce graduates whose critical, creative, ethical and international reputed that allow them to be global communication practitioners in the information society era. The detailed objectives are explained as follows:
- To create virtuous graduates who are able to develop and implement human values relevant to the educational vision, mission, and objectives of Universitas Gadjah Mada as part of the global community
- To produce graduates who are sensitive and critical towards communication phenomenon that able to produce scientific and creative work in the field of communications in which capable of driving the nation’s progress toward well-informed society.
- To produce graduates who are responsive and adaptive to the communication dynamics and the development of global communication technology.
- To create graduates who are not only part of the global community but also agents of change for the good of the global community.